CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
While Evie might let her hair down from time to time she is a 3 year old domestic shorthair so wont leave it all over the house! Evie is a sweet affectionate cat. She loves to be held and hill play meerkat on her hind legs so her favourite human will pick her up for a cuddle. Evie loves to play, especially with string, chasing her toy mouse or dashing through her cat tunnel. Evie is fascinated by water. She loves to watch a running tap or inspect a full bucket. If you are lounging on the couch expect Evie to join you – she just likes to be near her human. Evie is a meeter and greeter when guests arrive – your friends are her friends and she will be quick to find a friendly lap to snuggle into.
Evie lived with dogs for a period of time and has developed some very dog-like characteristics. If she hears a knock at the door she will emit a low growl which is more cute then unfriendly. She will follow her human from room to room and exhibit dog like poses on the floor nearby.
Evie would be best suited to a home as the only cat, she is dog friendly and gentle so would be fine with both dogs and older children.
Evie is with carer Barbara in Surry Hills.
Adoption fees are $250 for an individual or $400 for a pair. Evie is desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea and worm treated, and litter trained.
Please see more of our work on facebook : facebook.com/CatRescue901/
How to meet Evie
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.