CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
Freyja (F) & Madeleine (F)
Madeleine was originally rescued by Catrescue as a stray. She was placed together with Freyja and they became firm friends and were adopted together as young cats. She was then surrendered by adopter due to allergies.
Frejya is a beautiful tortoiseshell girl, with the softest fur and the longest tail. She loves to be brushed and generally made a fuss of and enjoys daily playtime. Once finished playing she will happily curl up at her human’s feet when it is time for bed. Her former owner has said “ She purrs while I pat her and, If I stop before she thinks she has had enough attention, she touches me on the arm with her paw and looks at me wide-eyed as if to say ‘Don’t stop!’ Freyja loves being brushed & groomed. She does not like being picked up, so I don’t do it.” In recent months she has started sleeping separately as she has gained more confidence.
Madeleine (aka Maddie) is an elegant medium long haired white cat with stunning blue eyes. She requires daily brushing to ensure her fine fur stays at its best. At first she did not like this, but as long as you are gentle Madeleine enjoys this bonding time with her human.
As best friends, they will often be together- playing or relaxing, although As her former owner says: “Both cats play roughly with each other at times, with Maddie usually dominating. However, occasionally the worm turns and I see Freyja chasing Maddie through the house. They have never hurt each other and seem to enjoy the rough play. They are still very much the best of friends. “
Madeleine particularly loves running though her cat tunnel and jumping up and down her cat tree. Madeleine is definitely the boss of the two cats- she is slightly older than Freyja- she enjoys grooming Freyja and Freyja usually defers to her.
Madeleine (Formerly Angel – 900012001155323) and Feryja (Formerly Butterfly – 900079000021007) are approximately 5 years old and are with Carer Peta in Leura, 2780. Their adoption fee is $440.
How to meet Madeleine and Freyja
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.