CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
Mabel is a lovely companion and will enjoy being in your space, but she is not particularly a lap cat. She likes company and is happy to talk to you, and sit by your feet while you watch a movie. Occasionally she will join you on the couch, with a paw resting on you.
She doesn’t mind a tickle under the chin and a pat, but she will let you know when she has had enough with a gentle love bite.
(Click image to enlarge.)
She enjoys sleeping at the bottom of her human’s bed, and will even tolerate a morning cuddle once she gets to know you.
She is an active little madam and likes to play, especially with toys attached to string or the elusive red dot. She has previously lived with a Labrador and would probably cope well with a fairly placid dog in the same household. She skirts around other cats and retreats to her space when they come face to face, so would prefer to be an only cat.
Whoever takes her home will have to watch her diet for her as she is a greedy guts and will gobble down anything put in front of her. On the plus side she is not a fussy eater.
She is not really suitable for a household with small children but would suit a more adult family that understands her need to be handled on her terms.
Mabel’s estimated Year of birth is 2013 (900075002008811). She is currently with Carer Barbara in the Surry Hills, 2010. Her adoption fee is $295.
All our kittens and cats are desexed, microchipped, vaccination process started, flea and worm treated. They are also litter trained and have lifetime registration.
How to meet Mabel
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact email@example.com or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.