Colour: Ginger Long hair
Microchip: 900 164 001 217 867
This handsome young man is Oleg, also known to his foster parents as Oleg The Devourer, Pud or The Ginger Prince. He is a sensitive soul wrapped in a beautiful, soft, hair ginger coat. During the winter months, he develops a beautiful mane.
Oleg had a bit of a rough start to life, but after some care and patience with Jenny and then a stint as an only cat, he has flourished. Because Oleg is such a sensitive boy, we decided to try him on Clomicalm. It helped him a lot and working together with his vet, we decided it would be best (and quite safe) for him to be on it for life. Oleg is a more independent cat and not a lap cat. But he loves our company and being near us. He will treat any home like his castle and will quickly take ownership of certain things – he loves sleeping on linen sheets and putting in some time in the office chair. Although he can be aloof he also likes to keep track of his humans. He’ll sleep nearby while you work, and if he hears the fridge door open he’s very quick to investigate (just in case it might be meal time).
(Click image to enlarge.)
Oleg is quite the discerning gourmet: he eats a raw diet of Big Dog for Cats Kanga Barf, and a raw chicken neck twice a week. In terms of play, he quite likes a wand toy or anything stuffed with catnip. He absolutely loves to be brushed, especially on his cheeks, head and tail. His last carer had him trained: she showed him the brush and he rang and jumped onto the table ready to be brushed. He will take all the brushing you can give.
Oleg does need to be the only pet and would be best in a quieter home. He does like to be around his people and loves it when they are home.
Oleg is with carer Isabella in Potts Point and his adoption fee is $295.
All our kittens and cats are desexed, microchipped, vaccination process started, flea and worm treated and litter trained. They also have lifetime registration.
« back to Adoptions
How to meet Oleg
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.
6. Keep up to date by following us on Facebook and joining our mailing list.