CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
Polara (F) and Hirschy (F)
Two kitten season ago we saw a family in dire straights on fb needing help. We took this little family of mum and 3 bubs on. We could see that one kitten has a serious (but correctable) eye issue. But it was a surprised when they came on board and it turned out all 3 babies had eyelid agenesis (missing eyelids). And they are all emaciated.
The babies’ mum we called Elodie was a truly lovely cat and she was a very devoted and loving mother. Her kittens were treated very successfully for cat flu and recovered well. The kittens brother had his corrective surgery first as his eye were more urgent and he was adopted by one of our lovely adopters who had previously adopted 2 blind sibling kittens from us.
The two girls had their surgeries more recently and both should have normal, long lives. We don’t expect further issues. Sometimes after the surgery their eye sight can be somewhat compromised but Hirschy and Polara appear fine.
(Click image to enlarge.)
Our two beautiful bonded sisters are happy and loving. Polara is cuddly, affectionate, funny, boisterous; a complete lap cat. She doesn’t like being pick her up preferring to climb into your lap and make herself comfy on her terms.
Hirschy (tortoiseshell) is the kindest, sweetest, most loving fur baby, who loves to be picked up, held and cuddled.
Both sisters are obsessed with food, have healthy shiny coats and are good with other cats. Potentially dogs too. They are fine with older kids but not very young ones. Both girls love to play and run and snuggle, and have lots of energy.
How to meet Polara and Hirschy
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact email@example.com or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.