CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
Name: Shortcake – FIV positiveName: Pavlova
DOB: 1 September 2020DOB: 1 September 2020
Colour: Brown TabbyColour: White tabby
Gender: MaleGender: Female
Microchip: 900 164 001 987 860Microchip: 900 164 001 861 240
Pavlova and Shortcake are two siblings (out of five) from one of our mums this kitten season. Pavvy is an adventurous girl who always wants to know what is going on. She loves to rough and tumble with her brothers and sisters.
Shortcake has tested positive to FIV. However, It may simply mean they have the maternal antibody for FIV and may not have the virus. FIV cats can, and generally do, live a very long and happy life. It is very important that they are fed a premium diet for optimum health with added L-lysine and they must be kept indoors at all times. This will ensure their immune systems are well supported. It’s also important if you do have a concern about their health, to get a vet check quickly. Pavlova is negative and has been living (and playing) with Shortcake her whole life. FIV and non-FIV cats can live together without transmitting the disease.
Shortcake (the only boy out of 5) loves his food and is a chilled dude. He loves to just sleep but then when his sisters want to play he is all in! These two beautiful bonded siblings are happy and loving. Both siblings have healthy shiny coats, beautiful markings and are good with other cats. They are ok with dogs and kids. Both love to play and run and snuggle, and have lots of energy.
(Click image to enlarge.)
How to meet Pavlova and Shortcake
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact email@example.com or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.