CatRescue 901 is a small team of volunteers who are dedicated to helping cats in need in pounds and the community. We do not receive any funding and are only able to continue our vital rescue work thanks to the generosity of the community. Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Thank you for your support.
Colour: Grey Calico
Microchip: 900 164 001 986 585
Penny was found in an old caravan in someone’s backyard. She was heavily pregnant and soon gave birth to 4 beautiful kittens (who have all since found homes). Penny was a young mum and is barely more than a kitten herself. She loves to play and is very friendly- she will run to the door to greet any visitor.
She likes to be near her human, but is not really a lap cat- although once she has tired herself out she will happily curl up on the couch next to you or sleep peacefully at the end of your bed. If you require a furry alarm clock Penny is the cat for you- she will wake you with a gentle flick of the tail at exactly the same time each day.
Penny can entertain herself, but she does enjoy human interaction- especially if it involves chasing a ball. She loves playing cat soccer with her human, or hide and seek.
Penny loves to watch TV. Anything with animals is Penny’s favourite. She is a big fan of David Attenborough and she loved Quoll Farm. She enjoys gentle strokes or a chin tickle- but when she has had enough she will let you know with a gentle nip.
She enjoys a chat- and will respond to human questions with a very cute chirpy meow.
Penny is a sweet, playful, friendly little cat. She has not been tested with other cats or dogs. She would be OK with older gentle children- but Penny does get very excited when playing, so they would need to understand she should be playing with toys, not their hands.
How to meet Penny
Our special rescue cats are all available for adoption. Please read the adoption process and contact us if you would like to organise to meet one or more of our cats/kittens.
1. Please contact email@example.com or complete the form below. Include your name, phone number and cat’s name/s, and we will contact you as soon as we can.
2. We will call you to have a chat and then put you in touch with the foster carer so that you can meet them.
3. In line with ethical rescue practice, we will visit to do a home check before the adoption is finalised and all adoptions are on a 2 weeks trial basis.
4. Adoption payments – Please ensure when adopting that you donate the adoption fee here.
5. CatRescue 901 is solely run and supported by volunteers and we rely on donations to rescue kittens and cats and to run our ongoing subsidised desexing program. If you would like to support us please make a tax deductible donation.